19-22 Oct. 2019:
Dutch Design Week Eindhoven & Dutch Openair Museum Arnhem
BELOW: 1: BA Film 2: MA FILM 3: full Program and 4: PHOTO IMPRESSIONS
• Visit: RE-SOURCE. Meeting Simone Post, winner Dutch Design Award 2019 – Young Designers. The project is also winner of the Dutch Design Award 2019- category Design Research.
• Visit: TRANSNATURAL. / post Drought exhibition dedicated to the global water-related challenges. with Jolan van der Wiel i.c.w. Issey Miyaki, Formafantasma a.o.
• Visit: FUTURE WORKSPACE, we meet Kiki & Joost, who will tell us about their new studio build by themselves of sustainable materials.
• Visit: DESIGN ACADEMY GRADUATION SHOW 2019
• Other presentations EMBASSY OF WATER, platform for wateurelated design (part of World Design Embassies) and WE ARE SOCIETAL IMPACT (What is the role of Design in the age of climate change, artificial intelligence and moral vacuum?)
• Visit: THE ROBIN WHO WONDERED IF HE WAS A NIGHTINGALE by Jelle Mastenbroek
• Various other experimental studios: Sander Wassink, Niels Hoebers
• Talk: MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE -initiated by Lensvelt. Design journalist Jeroen Junte interviews the Italian designer and architect Fabio Novembre and the Slovanian industrial and jewelry designer Lara Bohinc.
• Other presentations by Ontwerpduo and CIRCULAR > MATERIALISTS (focus on different ways to produce and use assets)
• Visit Cor Unum. Meeting Lotte Landsheer, director of the ceramic company Cor Unum, with a long history in working with (inter)national designers.
• Other presentations by selfproducint designers: Floris Hovers, Studio Lenneke Wispelwey, Klaas Kuiken and Charley Reijnders, Erik Stehmann, Tijn van Orsouw, Kiki & Joost for Rijksmuseum, Marieke & Sander Lucas
• DRIFT PERFORMANCE Studio Drift – one of the 2019 DDW ambassadors – made an installation and performance in the Van Abbe Museum premièring a new Materialism project: The bag project. We speak to them about their work and what it means to be an ambassador for DDW.
• HOW & WOW meeting Willemien Ippel, director of Crafts Council Nederland
• DUTCH DESIGN AWARDS 2019, The work of all Dutch Design Awards (DDA) winners and nominees 2019
• Other Shows at Veem by
Ambiguous objects / Young Polish Designers / Tiipoi (Craft from India) / degree work of Swedish school of textiles, University of Borås / Lennart & Lauren Leerdam / Zeeuws Museum x Monique van Heist / Aalto University (New concepts for the future use of wood- and cellulose-based materials) / Czech craft x UMPRUM
• Magazine Launch of DAMnº 74
• THE SCENE IS HERE! Emerging Dutch design talents supported by the Creative Industries Fund mapped and captured in one-minute movies
Other shows at Strijp-S:
• RETHINKING PLASTIC at Yksi Expo: international designers who have approached the plastic crisis as a design challenge. With a.o. Ineke Hans, Dave Hakkens, Recycled Island Foundation, Diederik Schneemann, Bas van Abel
• BELOW THE SURFACE at Broeinest: Baars & Bloemhoff and Quooker, Studio IOIA
•THE GROWING PAVILION: How can we reduce the output of CO2? What do we do with waste products from agriculture? How do we deal with subsidence and rising sea levels? What is the aesthetic value of biobased materials?
• ABN AMRO, game changers expo
• THE PERFECT WAVE, 3D concrete printing technology allows for more form freedom in design.
Pizza dinner with Uni’s from Poland, HTW Berlin, and others
• DUTCH INVERTUALS, the Circle meeting with curator and founder Wendy Plomp about this designer cooperation platform
• PRECIOUS PLASTIC an open source production network for recycled plastic worldwide, by award winning dutch designer Dave Hakkens. Meeting with UdK student Louis Bindernagel who works with Dave Hakkens
• Also at this location:
– AN INTUïTIVE APPROACH TO 3D-PRINTING Possible futures of machine design by Tiwánee van der Horst
• ATELIER NL, meeting with designer Lonny van Rijswijck for
– WILDHOUT a walk through the woods and help to green up the city
– CREATIVE RESIDENCY ARITA 2018-2019
• other presentations at this location:
BARROS, by UdK MA graduate Cindy Valdez / ROOTS, shaping the future of urban food production with open source technologies / ACT.01: TRASH TOUR, on Meaningfull design & Trash / OMNIDIRECTIONAL CONCRETE SPEAKERS, from upcycled concrete / WE‘RE OPEN!, Vij5 Showroom
• PIET HEIN EEK, New collection and presentation in former Philips factory
• Other presentations: BLURRED OBJECTS, household products manufactured by robots / PULP FICTION new bio-composites developed for usingindustrial waste and unrefined matter / SOCIAL LABEL: Collection & Community, designing labour, design with meaning / DE KLEIN & VANHOFF, Products with a social vision, responsibility for lasting relationships with both suppliers and users / EMBASSY OF SUSTAINABLE DESIGN, Sustainable Design: as businesses, designers, and consumers how can we make a difference? (part of World Design Embassies)
All other shows at STRIJP S
we meet with Jacco Hooykammer and Hans Piena, Curator Wooncultuur Nederlands Openluchtmuseum
Dutch Design Week Eindhoven
Studio Ineke Hans Arnhem:
Nederlands Openluchtmuseum Arnhem: