film: Tim Schütze
From 23-26 Oktober the Masterclass 2022/23 went to Voralberg where the explored workshops, producers and exhibition spaces in Bregenzerwald as an extra support to their MAGAZIN project: ‚With your back to the Wall‘.
• Arrival and visit to Kunsthaus Bregenz and architectural tour by Maciej Chmara (one of the most famous Peter Zumthor buildings)
• Zumtobel tour, explanation. The range, production, light spectra, etc…
• Martin Bereuter, architect, carpenter, designer, chairman of the Bregenzerwald workshop, guided tour of production and the showroom
• Martin Mackowitz, Martin Rauch, clay production, clay construction and discussion in Martin Mackowitz’s private home on the qualities and production of clay (no photos allowed)
• Mohr upholstery shop, guided tour and discussion with Johannes Mohr (co-initiator of the workshop). Guided tour by the managing director through the workshop and the current exhibition, small architectural tour by Maciej Chmara.
• Visit to Erhart Holz, the largest sawmill in Vorarlberg, explanation of the process and tour of the entire production, explanation of quality, regional material, etc.
• Short visit to the alpine dairy on Sunday
• Final workshop in Schnifis, cable car ride, short hike, and traditional Kasknöpfle food (and discussion with 3 Täler management and cable car manager).
^ arrival >