Marjan van Aubel: current table
Summer Semester 2018
max 16 participants
also open for MA ‚Anpassungsstudium‘
Strasse der 17. Juni 118
Info: 6 April 18.00
Kick-off: 23 April 13.00
In the projectweek (23-27 April) there will be a compulsory short time project Power House -> Short that is integrated in the Power House project.
!! IMPORTANT !!
Ineke will not be in Berlin for the Projektbörse on Monday 16.4 and some students might be in Milan that day.
Because it is important to register everyone before 16.4 there will be an info meeting on Friday 6 April at 18.00. You can also apply for the course by email before 16.4.
We live in a networked society and for products we speak about the internet of things. With all that the digitization in and around our houses grows.This is all very exciting, but it also means that more and more products with plugs and power are needed where we really have to slow down on our use of energy in the future!
Young product designers today have to do more than just creating nice new objects. They also have to develop critical skills and visions on how to develop and produce goods in the future.
In this project we will work on the development of new products, projects, systems and strategies that offer sensible and sustainable solutions for our houses. This can be high-tech or low-tech.
• The aim is to focus on new products for future living but also on the footprints that those projects have in the world when they get out there.
• We will look into research methods, experiment with old and new materials, methods and technology, and develop plans and strategies to implement outcomes in current systems.
• The project will be finished with an exhibition in Design Transfer and a symposium with some international guests.
PART 1 (23 April-3 May):
• 23-27 april: Integrated Short Time Projekt & heat up/brainstorming into the project, exploring technology, the power of materials, sustainability and strategic themes
• visit to German Techikmuseum Berlin, exploring materials and power
PART 3 (23 May-19 July):
• finetuning part 1 and part 2
• strategic developments
• 17-22 July: overall presentation and symposium at Rundgangs weekend with international guests in Design Transfer Berlin (students will be their mentors)