From 9 till 14 April 2019 UdK’s Product Design course presented at SaloneSatellite, the section for schools and recent graduates of the international acclaimed Salone del Mobile in Milano.
Both students and graduates showed how UdK’s BA and MA Product Design students today experiment, innovate and look to the future:
– They investigate new and sustainable materials and techniques
– They explore new possibilities for design with the help of digital technologies
– They collaborate with others, inspire partners and gain experience in thinking about societal topics
– They develop new visions and product typologies that reflect our time and near future
Under the title FUTURES twenty projects, that stretch the boundaries of design today, are presented in four domains:
• Material Futures • Digital Futures • Product Futures • Food Futures
Before their trip to Milan the student had a workshop with London based journalist Eva Steidl, on communication skills to be well prepared for visitors of the UdK stand.
Through short films and social media their whereabouts where documented, see for instance #udkmilano2019.
Below you find impressions of the presentation in Milan.
The stand was made for 99% from recycled, found and reusable materials.
A presentation for UdK Berlin Institute of Product and Process Design.
Supervision and curatorial concept: Prof. Ineke Hans
Assistent: KM Maciej Chmara.
Setting up the exhibition