Save the date:
On 8 Oktober, German Design Graduates 2020/2021 will open in the Kunstgewerbemuseum Berlin. Since 2020 was a special year, that did not allow a physical exhibition, the selected works of 2020 will be on show in a double-expo 2020-2021.
Facts on 2021 selection:
• 177 projects from graduates of 15 German Design Schools are online in the so called HALL OF FAME.
• the young designers all graduated between 30.6.2020 and 31.5.2021
• 23 students graduated from UdK Produkt Design
• for 2021 50 projects of the online archive are selected for an exhibition that highlights topical themes by a a Jury of 5 GDG ambassadors from the fields of Design Culture, Design Praxis, Design Presentations, Design Perspectives, Design Press
• Representatives from the 5 ambassador groups will hand out green cards, supports and awards to the total HALL OF FAME at the award ceremony of 8 October in the Kunstgewerbemuseum Berlin
The exhibition will run from 09.10.2021 till 31.10.2021
You can find more on the UdK exhibitors 2020 and 2021 below
During this first weekend events and talks will take place at the Kunstgewerbemuseum
Saturday 9 October Mediapartner talks
13:00 THF Radio Talk
Post Graduate Perspectives – how much utopia can reality take?
16:00 Ndion Talk
Transferleistung. Wie kommt das Design in die Produktion?
Sunday 10.October: Design Reflection Talks
13:00 UdK Design Talk: Amelie Klein *
To Hell with Good Intentions Why design won’t save the world
16:00 Sebastian Herkner
Balance of things
* the Amelie Klein Talk ist ein UdK talk im rahmen des GDG