Master Product Design (IPP)
Since 2021/22 the MA Fashion and Product design no longer have an overarching group theme to apply for MA Design.
All candidates for the MA product design apply with a personal topic that they find relevant and want to work on during their Master year.
In the 1st Master Semester (MA-model 1)
• there are visits, visiting guest and all students work on a set design/cooperation project till mid January:
– 2022/23 modul 1 project: MAGAZIN – Back to the Wall, see more in: program MA – Product design 2022/23 (so far)
– 2021/22 modul 1 project: BASF – One Material, One Product, see more in: program MA – Product design 2021/22
• next to that they also choose seminars and work in depth on their personal topic to get prepared for MA Modul 2.
• end of January a workshop ‚from praxis-to theory-to praxis‘ takes place, to support the preparations for your thesis.
• at the end of MA-Modul 1 (mid February) plans and research are presented in a Work in Progress presentation (WiP)
In the ‚Vorlesungsfreiezeit‘ (half February till half April)
• the MA-thesis is written and discussed with your chosen supervisors early May.
In the 2nd Master Semester (MA model 2)
• the final Masterproject is worked out, there are again visits, visiting guests, and optionall external workshops.
The exams and presentation of your MA-works are end of September.
– MA-works & Work in Progress 2021/22 (personal topics, expo: Between Waters)
– MA-works & Work in Progress 2020/21 (last overall group topic: MAKE!?)